Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What I Learned.... 2008


Starting to dig my Furrows

1.  Make the FURROW on the east side of the garden the biggest and deepest so water doesn't run over into the play area.

2.  A PATHWAY down the center of the garden, perpendicular to the furrows allows for easy acces to all the rows.

3.  Plant a PUMPKIN in front of the compost pile by the old, unidentified tree and let the vine run along under the tree to save space in the garden.

4.  In a taste test, the HEIRLOOM TOMATOES didn't do as well as I anticipated.  Unless I ever plan on saving seeds, I will probably plant disease resistant tomatoes.

****************************************************************************************

Planting Dates:

peas: April 5th
bush beans: May 19th
Beets: May 19th
Mesclun: May 19th
Zucchini: May 15th
Yellow Squash: May 15th
Pole Beans: May 15th

No comments:

Post a Comment